Chinese has been consuming alcohol tea for around 4,000 years. Together with firewood, rice, oil, salt, sauce, and vinegar, the Chinese thought about tea as one of the seven needs to begin a day.
Kinds of Tea
The Chinese tea may be classified into five types according to the various approaches whereby it is processed. Below are the classifications:
– Eco-friendly Tea– is the variety which keeps the original color of the tea leaves without fermentation during handling.
– Black Tea– This is known as “red Chinese tea”, the type which is fermented prior to baking. Note also that black tea is a later selection established on the basis of the eco-friendly tea.
– Wulong Tea– Likewise referred to as Oolong Chinese tea, this group stands for a range half way in between the green and also the black teas. This is being made after partial fermentation.
– Compressed Tea– is the type of Chinese tea which is compressed as well as solidified right into a specific shape. Many people considered this as good for transportation and storage and also are mostly supplied to the ethnic minorities living in the boundary areas of the country.
– Fragrant Tea– This type of Chinese tea is called “fragrant” because it is made by blending fragrant flowers in the tea leaves in the course of handling. The flowers that are commonly utilized for this purpose include the jasmine and magnolia, to name a few.
The Tea Production
Chinese has actually preserved that a new tea plant have to grow for five years before its leaves can be chosen. The trunk of the old plant must then be removed to force brand-new stems to outgrow the roots in the list below year. This kind of rehab have to be repeated as this permits the tea plant to offer for regarding a century.
The period of tea choosing generally depends upon the neighborhood environment as well as it varies from location to area. As you all understand, China is the homeland of tea. It has tea hedges as early as five to six thousand years back, as well as human growing of these plants dates back two thousand years. Today, it was reported that tea is generated in huge areas of China from Hainan Island down in the extreme south to Shandong Province in the north, from Tibet in the southwest to Taiwan throughout the Straits. To sum up, the Chinese tea grows at more than 20 provinces.
On the shores of West Lake in Hangzhou, where the well-known green tea Longjing comes from, it was reported that the selecting begin with the end of March as well as lasts via October. A skilled woman picker can just collect 600 grams of these eco-friendly tea leaves in a day.
After the harvest, the brand-new fallen leaves need to be blistered in tea cauldrons. Accordingly, this job has now been largely mechanized, although the leading quality Longjing tea still needs to be stir-parched by hand, doing just 250 grams every half hr. Then, the tea cauldrons are warmed electrically to a temperature of about 25 degree centigrade or 74 level Fahrenheit. It then takes four pounds of fresh Chinese tea entrusts to create one extra pound of dry Chinese tea.
For the processes of grinding, parching, rolling, shaping as well as drying out, various type of machines have actually been established as well as constructed. This job turned out about 100 kgs of completed Chinese tea an hour, easing the employees from much of their grind.